A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To My Political Scientist Readers: The APSA Cancellation

I know many of my readers come from the political science field. Let me commiserate with you on the literally last-minute cancellation of the American Political Science Association (APSA) Annual Conference in New Orleans, which was due to begin tomorrow. None of us can predict the weather, though it is hurricane season.

My own field is history. Interestingly enough, the American Historical Association is holding its annual meeting in New Orleans as well this year. Of course, AHA is doing it in January. I could make a joke about how historians know how to look up when hurricane season is, but that would be taking unfair advantage. Sorry about APSA. And best wishes to all in Isaac's path.

No comments: