A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vancouver Has a Snow Shortage; Take Mine, Please

Off the topic of the Middle East for a moment (except to reiterate why one should go into Middle East studies): it seems the Winter Olympics has a shortage of snow.

And I can't get out of my driveway for the past three days in Virginia, heart of the Old South, with more snow falling now. Over 30 inches in many places last weekend; talk of 10 to 15 more on top of the (still unplowed in my subdivision) existing piles. I cleared my driveway of course and can now drive as far as the end of my driveway, and the buses aren't running.

Vancouver is welcome to clear my street and keep all the snow.

No comments: